Here is where you will find monthly studio challenges, studio news, teacher thoughts, and more! Feel free to send Ms. Hayley a note in the comments - she would love to hear from you!
Composer of the Month:
1) Find and listen to a piece by the composer written (or arranged) for your instrument.
2) Find a piece by the composer that you really enjoy. Explain what you like about it.
3) Write down three interesting facts about the composer.
Scale of the Month:
1) Be able to play the scale memorized by the end of the month. (Ask Hayley how many octaves you should learn.)
2) Invent a 2, 3, 4 or 6-beat rhythm to play on each note of the scale OR invent a bowing pattern for the scale (using slurs, hooked bows, staccato, legato...the possibilities are endless).
3) Find a piece of music written for your instrument that uses the same key as the scale of the month OR compose your own.